The Stanton County location west of the townsite was surveyed and laid out for burial plots in 1889. The survey was completed and filed on August 8, 1889. The name at that time was Johnson City Cemetery. The description is the N1/2 NW/4 SW/4 35-28-41. This area comprises twenty acres, more or less. In the late 40's or early 50's nearly all records of burial and lot ownership were lost or destroyed. Over the years, Johnson City Cemetery records were kept by whoever happened to be City Clerk, Elam Hilty, Buell Scott, Russell Bennett, Ron Kendrick, H. L. Tucker and presently Susan L. Lucas. Mr. Hilty and Mr. Scott, through memory and being familiar with the cemetery, helped rebuild some of the old records that had been destroyed.